1. You must be trained by facility personnel and authorized by the facility supervisor in order to independently operate the instruments! All users must pass an instrument/technique drivers test to be a authorized independent user of Keck Center instruments. Contact the Facility supervisor, Dr. Brooke Massani, to arrange training.
2. All users must have passed general chemical lab safety training, and optical microscope users must take the imaging laser safety course. All users will recieve Keck Center specific safety training.
Chemical lab safety training is available through Risk Management and Safety. The course is available on line at:
Imaging laser safety training is available through Risk Management and Safety. The course is available on line at:
3. Authorized facility users in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry have access to the facilities 24 hours a day. Authorized facility users outside of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry are allowed to use the facility Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm.
4. All calibration/maintenance of equipment is to be performed by facility personnel unless by direction or permission from the facility supervisor.
5. No facility equipment is to be removed or modified without permission of the facility supervisor.
6. Instrument time sign-up is online, and if cancelation is necessary, please give 24 hour notice. No post date cancelations! You will be billed for time that is reserved but not used.
7. Modification of the facility schedule is by the discretion of the facility supervisor.
8. All instrument time usage must be entered into the instrument specific log book (to the nearest 15 minutes).
9. All billable facility consumable materials used must be entered into the log book.
10. We are not responsible for samples left in the facility after analysis and will not store samples.
11. CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF!