Funds from the Estate of Donna B. Cosulich have been used to establish the Cosulich Faculty Fellow Award in Chemistry and Biochemistry. This honor will be bestowed on a tenured or tenure-track Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Arizona in a rotating manner, with each faculty honored for a period of three years.
This is a substantial award based on the annual payout of the endowment. It is the hope that this endowment will grow and genenerate a minimum award of $10,000 per year. These funds may be used broadly for the support of chemical and biochemical research, including but not limited to funding students, visits by experts, travel to conferences and the laboratories of collaborators, and operational costs associated with the faculty member's research.
- A tenured or tenure-track faculty member holding a minimum 0.66FTE appointment in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry on the start date of appointment to the Cosulich Faculty Fellow Award.
- High national and international stature commensurate with appointment to the Cosulich Faculty Fellow Award. Contributions in all areas will be considered, including research, teaching, leadership, service, and outreach.
- The current members of the Nomination and Selection Committee are ineligible for appointment to the Cosulich Faculty Fellow Award.
Nomination packages will consist of:
- One nominating letter submitted by a tenured/tenure-track or emeritus faculty member of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- One seconding letter submitted by a tenured/tenure-track or emeritus faculty member of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- The nominee's curriculum vitae and reprints of up to five published articles.
Restrictions on nominating and seconding letters:
- Each tenured/tenure-track or emeritus faculty member of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemitry may submit no more than one nominating letter and no more than one seconding letter. Thus a faculty member may participate in the preparation of no more than two nomination packages, excepting his/her own.
- Nominating and seconding letters are limited to a maximum of two pages.
- The members of the Nomination and Selection Committee are ineligible to submit nominating or seconding letters.
Timeline and selection:
- The deadline for submission of nomination packages will be announced. One copy of the package will be submitted to the Executive Assistant to the Chair of Chemistry and Biochemitry
- The Nomination and Selection Committee will review the nomination packages and make a recommendation to the Chair and Executive Committee, which will be responsible for final selection of the recipient of the Cosulich Faculty Fellow Award.
- Selection of the Cosulich Faculty Fellow Award will be announced to the Chemistry and Biochemistry at the annual College of Science Faculty Award ceremony.