Course Requisites: Credit is allowed for only one of these lecture/lab combinations: CHEM 141/143, or CHEM 151, or CHEM 161/163.
- CHEM 141/143 has a quantitative approach with a separate lecture and lab. We highly recommend taking the lecture and the lab during the same semester.
- CHEM 151 has a conceptual approach with a combined lecture and lab. You must attend both portions to receive credit.
- CHEM 161/163 is for honors students with a separate lecture and lab. We highly recommend taking the lecture and the lab during the same semester.
Enrollment in chemistry courses is on a first-come, first-served basis using UAccess. There are no wait lists. We suggest you continue to check the Schedule of Classes. However, you should enroll in any available seats to ensure you meet your program needs.
Attendance on the first day of all chemistry labs is mandatory! If you cannot attend, you must contact the TSO (Teaching Support Office) before your first class meets to hold your spot. Due to high demand for seats in chemistry labs, you may be administratively dropped if you fail to show up to the first lab meeting without contacting the TSO by the start of class.
- If you are dropped from the lab, you may go to UAccess to add an available seat.
UAccess will be open to add a course through the first week of classes.
- If you encounter scheduling conflicts, or if you need to change your lab section after UAccess closes, you must go in person to the TSO for assistance. After the first two weeks of school, swaps and adds to courses are discontinued.
- Remember, enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We will not exceed the class capacity in General Chemistry Labs.