This scholarship was established by Gene Walker in honor of his uncle, Charles Y. F. Hoyt, who was a science teacher for many years at Cortez High School in Glendale, Arizona.
The recipients of this scholarship shall be an undergraduate student properly enrolled in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Arizona. Recipients shall have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 based on a 4.0 scale. In all other respects these funds will be awarded without restriction to race, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability. The scholarship is renewable.
Selection of scholarship recipients shall be made by the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department who will invite students to apply. The award recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student in Chemistry and Biochemistry for the academic year for which the scholarship will be awarded. The scholarship will be awarded annually in the fall semester.
- Julie Fan and Truc Le, 2022
- Amanda Gong and Anna Jaison, 2021
- Isabelle Harrison and Ramsey Martz, 2020
- Cadence Flohrschutz and Isabelle Harrison, 2019
- Hiromi Fukuzaki and Sadie Keesler, 2018
- Hiromi Fukuzaki, 2017
- Sona Avetian & Jordan Barrows, 2016
- Melissa Harnois, 2015
- Taylor Szyszka, 2014
- Cheryl Cheah & Alyssa Vollaro, 2013
- Shiana Ferng & Lauren Wugalter, 2012