2019 CBC annual Poster Fair, Wednesday, April 24, 2019
1:00 - 3:30 pm
UA Student Union North Ballroom
Submission Deadline: Friday, April 12, 2019 at 4 pm
Contact Olivia Mendoza at email@example.com
Also on this page...
The Undergraduate Research and Senior Thesis Presentation is an annual Poster Fair hosted by the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry to:
- highlight Departmental research opportunities for undergraduates through a poster session
- provide a place for presentation of Senior Capstone/Thesis research projects
- provide a forum to showcase research projects conducted by our undergraduates
- answer any questions you have about the Chemistry and Biochemistry majors
1st place winners receive monetary award (through their Bursar account) and Ribbon
2nd place winners receive monetary award (through their Bursar account) and Ribbon
Honorable Mention receives a Ribbon and a prize
Viewer’s Choice receives a prize
Poster entrants must be a declared chemistry or biochemistry major, or conducting chem/biochem research with a faculty member in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
Posters are initially placed in one of several categories. They include:
- Physical Science projects involve non-living systems. While your work may have the potential to affect living creatures or be used by living creatures, the research problem you are working to solve does not directly involve the study of living or biological tissues, cells, etc.
- Life (or Bio) Science projects involve most other areas beyond physical described above. If the project deals with the study of living tissues, creatures, biological processes, affects on human life, etc. it is most likely that your poster will fit this category.
Then the poster will either be judged as accomplished research or emerging research within its category:
- Accomplished Research: This category reflects the level of accomplishment on the project. Students will most likely have over a year of experience (but not always) and have made progress such that there are results to report.
- Emerging Research: This category suits new researchers (with a year or less of experience) who have defined a problem, designed a project, may be collecting data, but may lack results at this point.
- Poster Fair Contest 2018 Winners and Picture
- Poster Fair Contest 2017 Winners and Pictures
- Poster Fair Contest 2016 Winners and Pictures
- Poster Fair Contest 2015
View the 2015 Poster Fair Pictures on Facebook
- Poster Fair Contest 2014
View the 2014 Poster Fair Pictures on Facebook
- Poster Fair Contest 2013
View the 2013 Poster Fair Pictures
- Poster Fair Contest 2012
View the 2012 Poster Fair Pictures
- Poster Fair Contest 2011
- Poster Fair Contest 2010
- Poster Fair Contest 2009
- Poster Fair Contest 2008
- Poster Fair Contest 2007
- Poster Fair Contest 2006
For poster preparation and presentation advice, see your research mentor, watch for emails on the CBC student listserv regarding upcoming workshops, and check out the following links, (some compiled by the American Chemical Society):