The Analytical Services Group provides a variety of analytical services and training on state of the art instrumentation and is available to students, staff and faculty in the Chemistry Department and the larger University of Arizona community as well as outside academic institutions and businesses. This group is composed of the following facilities and services and provides state-of-the-art laboratories directed by Ph.D. scientists.
- Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Facility (EPR)
- The Laboratory for Electron Spectroscopy and Surface Analysis (LESSA)
- Keck Facility for Nano-scale Structure and Dynamics (Keck)
- Mass Spec Facility (MS)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance facility (NMR)
- Gas phase Photoelectron Spectroscopy Facility (PES)
- X-ray Diffraction Facility (XDF)
These laboratories have the instrumental and personnel resources to collect, analyze and interpret experimental data to advance your research.
The design group is a group of shops and facilities that provide technological and hardware assets for research and can support your needs with the design, construction and maintenance of instrumentation, new tools, new information technology, and new chemical compounds. This group consists of the following facilities and services:
- Chemical Synthesis Facility (CSF)
- Computing and Graphics Facility (CGF)
- Chemical Instrumentation and Electronics Facility (ChIEF)
- Glass Shop
- Machine Shop