The Newell and Beth Younggren Scholarship in Biological Sciences was established to support undergraduate students in the College of Science who possess interest and aptitude in the biological sciences but who have limited financial resources to attend the University of Arizona. Applicants must:
- be full-time undergraduate majors in the College of Science who have taken "Introductory Biology I & II" courses and passed both with grades of B or better;
- be in good academic standing with minimum GPA of 3.0;
- provide evidence of financial need as determined by OSFA;
- complete an application with personal statement, letter of support of College of Science faculty member, and statement of financial need; and
- demonstrate aptitude and interest in biological sciences. e.g. advanced coursework, involvement in outreach, leadership in clubs or groups.
Those who can demonstrate interest in a future career in teaching in the biological sciences will be given special consideration. The College of Science Scholarship Committee selects, and the Dean approves. Renewal considered on a case by case basis. One $5,000 award will be given for the 2017-2018 academic year. The deadline for submitting applications is April 28, 2017. To apply, visit Scholarship Universe.