Merck and Co, Inc. is pleased to offer a travel grant to be paid to a top undergraduate chemistry student for travel to a scientific conference!
Merck travel grants provide $1,000 in funding for analytical and/or physical chemistry undergraduate travel during the 2008-2009 academic year or during the summer of 2008.
Travel grants are paid in one installment and awarded to the institution on the awardee’s behalf.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be full-time undergraduates working toward B.S. or B.A. degrees in analytical and/or physical chemistry and must have completed the first year of program study by the time of the conference sponsored.
- The grants will typically be awarded to persons in their junior or senior year.
- Travel grants will be awarded based on an excellent track record on course work, outstanding research ability, and accomplishment.
- Previous Merck travel grant recipients are not eligible for a second award, however candidates from previous years who did not receive a travel grant are encouraged to reapply.
Submit one copy of ALL of the following materials in ONE PACKAGE by September 5, 2008 for consideration (partial applications will not be considered):
- current resume or CV
- one-page summary of undergraduate research
- copies of unofficial transcripts or SAPR
- letter of recommendation from the undergraduate research advisor
Submit application materials to the CHEM or BIOC Academic Advisor.
The Department of Chemistry will select the winner and notify Merck & Co., Inc. Award recipients will be notified by Merck & Co., Inc..