Each recipient of the Arizona Society for Coatings Technology Scholarship shall meet the following criteria:
- Will be a major in the UA Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- Will have an interest in the paint and coatings industry with a focus on polymers. Preference will be given to Chemistry majors who excel in lab skills.
- Will be an undergraduate student who will be a junior or senior in the academic year for which the scholarship is being sought.
- Will be a full-time student as defined by the University.
- Will be an Arizona resident.
- Will be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
The scholarship recipient is expected to attend at least one society meeting during the year to present on his or her studies. The recipient will be granted a "student membership" in the Arizona Society for Coatings Technology for the academic year in which the scholarship is awarded.
The scholarship will be awarded for one academic year and is not renewable. Partial year awards may be made at the discretion of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, depending on the availability of funds.
Recipients of the scholarship will be selected by a scholarship committee in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry with final approval by the Head/Chair of the department.
- Clay Arrington, 2015